Wednesday, August 24, 2016

After I Stopped The Clinical Trial

Three weeks ago I stopped using the clinical trial medicine because of a terrible skin toxicity side effect.  The medicine came out of my body in the form of a rash and pimple like sores. After lots of oatmeal baths, meds and Psoriasis shampoo I've survived! Though my outbreak was mostly on my upper torso, face and scalp, it definitely made me feel even more empathetic for Job! Poor Job and all those boils! (Job 2:7)

Last week's appointment showed that all of my blood work was back to normal except for my hemoglobin, which Dr. B says will improve over the next several weeks.  My energy and shortness of breath has improved this week, so things are looking up!

Many have asked if I'm afraid....or angry....or disappointed.  It is so odd that I feel none of these things.  I truly believed that God gave me this Kras clinical trial right here 15 minutes from my house.  I believed he was going to use this trial to heal me. Yet he quickly took the trial away with no other option dangling in front of me. Yet, the peace that I feel about it is unexplainable.

Right now as I'm typing God put these lyrics in my mind from Casting Crowns song, "Praise You in the Storm". These lyrics sum up my feelings better that my own words can today.
_________________

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

#castingcrowns #praiseyouinthestorm #cancersurvivor #S4C #stage4

4 comments:

  1. it definitely made me feel even more empathetic for Job!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I often think of exactly that....and am grateful for your trust in Him, and glad to hear that things are even a little bit better for you.
    Love Sue and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love you! You are a living testament of faith!!!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your complete and total faith in God humbles me and inspires me. Many blessings on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t imagine focusing long enough to research; much less write this kind of article. You’ve outdone yourself with this material. This is great content. fayetteville gastroenterology

    ReplyDelete