Wednesday, June 13, 2018

We Weep For Our Loss & Celebrate Mom's Gain

Last night I leaned over the bathroom sink ringing out the dress that my mom wore to her 50th anniversary party last November. Hitting that monumental milestone was one of the most supreme accomplishments of mom’s life and she was so worried Dad was going to do something crazy and not be there to celebrate it. A few days before their anniversary Dad was invited to go to work with my brother and visit a buffalo ranch. Mom said, “George C, don’t get yourself killed messing with those buffalo. I want to make it to our 50th!” They did it and mom said over and over that she was so blessed to have all these years with her honey she’d picked out on the school bus in 6th grade.

Memories flood my mind as my tears blend into mom’s dress. This is the last dress we will see mom in now that she’s gone to her forever home with Jesus. We only got four short months to care for mom before cancer ravaged her body and God called her home, saving her from her suffering.
Our precious mother died at sunrise on June 10, 2018 at the age of 68.  Mom always liked the dawn of morning, hence my middle name “Dawn”. I bet it was a gorgeous sunrise view as our mom entered Heaven.

Mom’s funeral will be held this Friday at 10:30 AM at The Fairfield Center,  200 Maine St.,  Meeker, CO 81641. The funeral home is Grant’s Mortuary. 

Thank you for keeping our family in your prayers as we celebrate mom’s life and grieve the forever hole left in our hearts.  We weep for our loss, but celebrate mom’s gain.

Mom, I've missed you a thousand times already. Your husband aches deep in his bones for you. Boy did Dad love you! We can't wait to have a cup of tea with you over a long chat again one day.


A note from a granddaughter:
Four months is way too little for my Grammy! No one was ready for her to go, yet she is no longer suffering through all of this tough cancer but singing and living her best life up in heaven with god! She is such an inspiration to all of us and we will never really be ready to say goodbye! ~ Written by Alyssa Rose Wright

12 comments:

  1. "We will never really be ready to say goodbye
    The forever hole left in our hearts..."
    Her loss affects so many people who loved her so much. After the loss of my Mom I felt -- and still feel the very same emotional responses you share. The sharing of grief brings tears to my eyes - once again. Anything at all we can offer to help, please let us know. May God comfort those of us left behind. Love to you all... Sue Beck and Family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Losing a parent is a feeling that one can’t quite understand until it happens to you. It’s terrible and hard and requires hope of Heaven!

      Delete
  2. My heart goes out to you all during this time. I have such great memories with your family growing up. I've followed your blog in amazement at what our gracious God has done, and always received encouragement during the time we lost our Momma. You are a beautiful, faith built family and I know God's gracious love will be with you during this time. Love you my friend Danina and all the family. Cindy Lugenbeel Hansen and Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy. I’m sorry you lost your Momma as well. 💔

      Delete
  3. May you be comforted with the continued love and support of family and friends who share in your great loss. Sincere condolences to all of you. Kirk W Conrado

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss! Thinking if you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest with angels and spread those beautiful wings. Prayers for the Nay Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all of you from Arkansas, and praying for you as you grieve for your sweet mama.

    ReplyDelete