Monday, August 1, 2016

I'm not well...

Some of you know I started this clinical trial strong, but have rapidly gone down hill the last 5-6 days. By Saturday night my abdominal pain was almost enough to take me to the ER. Years ago I would have gone, but now I'm hard set against going to the hospital. I've spent enough time there. In the night I developed sores all over my scalp and that has turned into other sores, plus rash. It's not itchy. It's actually just painful. Along with my other long list of symptoms (heavy pressure behind my eyes, GI problems, nausea/vomiting, extreme fatigue, headaches, cough, body aches) the sores and abdominal pain meant we stopped taking the trial meds Sunday. I've been at highlands oncology today getting checked out and getting IV Meds, vitamins and potassium. Hopefully this will help flush my system and get me feeling good enough to start eating and drinking more. I'll see my main doctor on Wednesday to determine next steps. I was supposed to have a biopsy tomorrow and spend the day here getting blood draws Wednesday, but that will all be on hold now. 

On one hand we feel like God orchestrated this trial for me here, but not with these type of side effects. I am at peace that this looks like a door being closed. Billy and I know that only God can author this story of ours. It's a story with so many twists and turns we can never guess the ending!  But we know he is good.  πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’œ


4 comments:

  1. Prayers for a peace and for you to feel better and for you to enjoy your family! We don't know God plan for your journey, but we trust in him. You are an inspiration to me and to many others, thank you for sharing your life with us thru media. I appreciate you! If it is meant I pray that the miracle of great healing will show in your life immediately! If that is not God's Will, I pray that he does you mercy, grace, and wisdom! I pray for your family, all of them! Love you friend. I'm sorry you feel so yuk, that is no way to live! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you and family...Big Time... I wish "I" had a healing touch - we love you Kristi....Sue and Family

    ReplyDelete