Thursday, June 23, 2011

Scan Update

Our first day back from vacation Billy and I woke up early and began the familiar 40 minute drive to the oncology offices we were frequenting daily during my treatment.  The drive was quite because we were tired, but also because there were not words for this moment.

As I've mentioned my nerves have not been high while waiting for this day, but on the eve of the scan in the dark of our bedroom we both laid awake much longer than usual.  My family and friends supported me as they always have with words of encouragement nestled around scriptures and written prayers.  After reading these things on my phone Billy and I were hand in hand as he prayed and we drifted to sleep.

I was the first patient Tuesday morning, which ended up being good for a couple of reasons.  First, I didn't have time to think about anything once I arrived, and secondly the lobby was empty.  If you've sat in the lobby of an oncology office it can be both a nervous and heartbreaking experience as there are people there in all stages of their cancer journey.  Some nervously waiting for their results and treatment plan and other visibly not feeling well during treatment.  I find that I want to know these people's stories and I want to encourage them somehow, but everyone sits quietly thinking of their own situation.  I was ushered back so quickly this day it wouldn't have mattered, except for the clear reminder to where I was.

I was so happy to find that the doctor didn't require another CT scan so I didn't have to drink that horrible slimy drink.  The PET scan requires that I have an IV, which had been very difficult after chemo began.  I prayed specifically that they would get it in on the first try and that it would drip.  Sure enough, it hurt as they fed it into the vein, but it was done in one try and I was instantly relieved.  Saline, radioactive sugars, more saline and then I sat in my recliner for 45 minutes as the fluids made their way through my body.  After a required trip to the bathroom I laid down with my arms above my head for the scan.  The next thing I knew a man was telling me he'd help me up and that we were all done.  Prayers were answered as I was so calm I fell asleep.

The images are being sent to all my doctors and I should have a follow up appointment very soon.  I will update when I know more, but for now here are some of the very encouraging words sent to me.  I hope they will encourage you as well.

Is. 46 "Even in your old age and gray hairs I am He.  I am He who will sustain you.  I have mad you and I will carry you through.  I will sustain you and I will rescue you." He is going to sustain you and carry you through to old age and gray hairs! 

"May your healing hand be upon Kristi and may the results bring cheers of gladness when these tests show she is cancer free!  Thank you for your goodness in the midst of the storm."

"You have a lot of love walking with you!  Praying peace of mind for you soon.  Praying with you to hear cancer free!"

Waiting for radioactive fluids to move thru my body.
 Phil 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Praying this peace finds you and you are comforted.  You will walk away from this a stronger and bolder woman and will be a huge testimony for others.  We will be partying and praising our heavenly father soon.

"I prayed from 6:40 - 7:00 this morning that you will walk away from this free from any cancer cells and that God will use this battle in your life to help and encourage others in their walk with Him."

"Praying for a good nights rest for you and peace for your appointment, for both you and Billy."

"I am sitting alone in the love seat in our living room and I was on my knees at my bed earlier thanking God that HE gave us all the assurance and peace last November that you would be alright today and tomorrow and the days of your future."

"Praying for you today and definitely praying for cancer free!"

John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you, not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  Jesus started on this journey with you both and He is with you today.  He will finish with you.  Tell Satin not to play with your mind trying to rob you of the peace and joy God wants to give you in this experience. I believe God has healed you and given you the desire of your heart. Given you and your family the opportunity to honor, glorify and praise Him.

"I'm wearing my purple too!!"
Jer. 33:6 "Behold I will bring health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them abundance and peace." Father I pray this over Kristi and Billy.  Grant her a cancer free life and may they take this experience and live the abundant life you have for them according to your purposes and always for your glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment