Monday, December 16, 2019

9 years & 1 month since cancer diagnosis

I haven’t updated in a while. October was hard. November was hard. Early December has been hard. 

Cancer grew. I radiated 1 lung spot. Got an infection, extreme fatigue and weakness, vomiting. Got meds, recovered. 

New Cancer in neck found. Had an insane asylum creepy-type experience having a giant wet, hot mold formed around my head, neck and shoulders and bolted to a table to keep me still. I radiated it. Thought I was in the clear. 8 days later, last two days of Alyssa’s Pageant trip to CA I got a terrible raw throat, infection, extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, vomiting. Got meds. Wrong meds. Got fluids. No help. Finally right meds and steroids. Recovered. 





New cancer found in right side of my brain. Today we left the house at 8:15 am and got home at 6:15 pm. Used that same molded mask bolted to the table. I radiated it. Got immunotherapy infusion. Started with energy and ended physically exhausted, even on steroids. Told I will lose my hair in the size of a quarter, possibly forever. They don’t know as everyone’s different. Told I’ll have swelling and headaches. Told I could have a brain misfiring causing me to have seizures. 



I laid on that radiation table, bolted down in that mask today and said, Jesus you are my healer. Please make this my final cancer-killing, full-healing radiation treatment. I know you can by the power of your Holy blood shed for me. I thank you in advance and put this in your hands. 

Chris was with me all day keeping me company and entertained. 



We also enjoyed a great visit with my past clinical trial nurse and friend, Mary. 



Wednesday we will celebrate Isaiah’s high school football career at a banquet. Friday we will host a rehearsal dinner for Chris and Brittany. Saturday we will attend Chris & Brittany’s wedding officiated by my Dad. We’ll meet new family and enjoy family visiting! 




We’ll also be thinking of our uncle who passed away today and will be honored at a service in CO On Saturday. We are all sad not to be able to attend. 

What a week it is, but how incredibly blessed I feel to be here still battling. Still living. Still parenting, loving, worshipping...9 years & 1 month after my original diagnosis. Jesus continues to provide and go before us, sustaining my life for His glory alone. 

Please pray against side effects and for complete healing. 




1 comment:

  1. Thinking and praying for you and family. So often I thank God for your family and their being such a Blessing to you! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and many, many more to come! With Love, Sue and Family

    ReplyDelete