Thursday, March 19, 2020

God Will Make a Way



I can’t see we learned much of anything yet today. They canned my neck and abdomen/pelvic, but I didn’t expect much new I do from that. The results weren’t back yet and rather than makes us wait, Dr B said I’d get a call this afternoon. 

In regard to the trial, the tissue sample from my biopsy was sent to the clinical trial group and they are still analyzing it to see if I meet all the criteria/parameters. I asked Dr B what my odds were of getting in and he said about a 15% chance because my cancer is so rare and they have so many parameters. I have to believe if this door closes it’s because it’s not my best option. 

Dr B didn’t feel or see any swelling around my tailbone tumor like he did 2 weeks ago and my pain has diminished greatly so we are excited about that. I haven’t heard when radiation will begin, but probably next week. 

We are in a hurry-up and wait mode right now. 

Chemo (Taxol & Avastin) was tough last week. I only had Taxol this week and my anemia has risen from an 8.8 to a 10.0 so that’s helping the fatigue be less severe. Less nausea & vomiting, also cough and shortness of breath has improved. Still low, but iron supplements are helping even on treatment. 

We know God is still in control and still faithful. He was faithful to part the Red Sea, to lead & provide for His people in the dessert, and He’ll provide for us now. 

Thank you for your prayers & encouragement. I felt them on my darkest days last week, for sure. ✝️👆🏻💜

Lyrics are from a song by Don Moen called, God will Make a Way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment