Friday, November 11, 2011

God does have a sense of humor!

Last night my son and I worked on a school project for his 4th grade class.  He was to do a timeline of his life from 2001 through 2011.  He wrote out when he was born (2002) and when his cousin was born (Breck, 2003), when his sister was born, when he began preschool and when our house burned down! (all 2006)  He went to kindergarten (2007), his cousin fell out of he 2nd story bedroom window on the concrete (2008), his sister split her head open (2009) and that his mom was diagnosed with cancer (2011) and he got to begin tackle football. 

All this printed out like it was no big deal!!!  I sure hope that he keeps this "child-like" faith throughout his life.  What a lot of crazy things for a 9 year old to see as big symbols of his life so far.  The most humorous part was that we needed pictures drawn or glued on to identify each of these historical events.  He had to draw something for all of the tragic events until he got to my cancer diagnosis.  He wanted to choose a picture of me from my facebook cancer folder. 

I ask him if he wanted this one taken after my sister fixed me all up for Alyssa's birthday party. I thought it would be a good one to post on a school project. 



He said, no way.  You look all pretty and healthy there.  I want this one instead.  It looks more like a cancer picture.  I wish he didn't know that. 

I'll go visit this place again this next Tuesday.  As crazy as it seems, the doctor called today and asked to move my appointment to Tuesday morning.  I think God has a sense of humor because as I've been dreading Tuesday as an emotional day, he is now going to have me go have a scan done to PROVE the cancer is gone on the exact day the doctor told me I HAD cancer last year.  Okay God, I know you are in control!  I'm counting on adding a line in Isaiah's timeline next year that says "Mom found out she was cancer free!"  I wonder what picture he'll choose to represent that?!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment