Friday, March 7, 2014

13 months post TPE surgery

Good morning everyone. I'm sorry I'm just writing an update about my appointments this week. Tuesday was a very full and long day, but Wednesdays few appointments were more emotionally and physically exhausting. I continue to struggle with daily pain and the doctors agreed we were back to square 1, with results after December's surgery gaining us nothing. Dr L did some procedures in the offic...e that he hopes will help relieve the pain. This process was very hard on me, but thankfully recovery is fast and I am feeling hopeful it will help me have less pain once healed. Some tissue, believed to be granulations tissue, was sent off to pathology again. There is not a concern that it contains cancer, but more for precautionary reasons.
My CT scan showed some very teeny nodules in my lungs. These have not changed at all since my December 2013 scan, but were present then as well. However, they have grown since the January 2013 scan. They were so small then they didn't even see them the first time they reviewed. The largest nodule is about .6mm which is too tiny to biopsy. This can be caused by a multitude of things, but we will scan again in 3 months to see if there is any change then. Obviously this was a difficult conversation, with Dr L saying he was encouraged that there was no change since December but remains concerned enough to keep watching it. I truly dream of a check-up where they say everything looks great, but for now I continue to deal with this thorn in my flesh and persevere. Please know this is not something I am sharing with my kiddos as I am claiming that this will be nothing. So many have spots in their lungs for a variety of reasons. If I weren't a cancer survivor at MD Anderson they wouldn't even be watching this. The doctor said 10 years ago they would have patted me on the shoulder and said..."you're fine, don't worry about it". However, MD Anderson doesn't ignore anything....so we wait...and wonder. Reminds me of this verse...
"Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now, I am going to boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Cor 12:8-9

Thank you friends, for continued prayer. My prayer is that my mind and eyes stay focused on the truth of today so that Christ can perform a good work through me.
 
Philippians 4:13 "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment