Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A New Year

After a wonderful December celebrating and looking forward to Christmas, I find my mind now wandering toward January. It wasn't always this way, but now January means more scans, appointments and another trip to Houston. New deductibles to be paid. New results that direct the next 3 months of my future. A new twelve months filled with unknowns for our family. Will I get a year without facing more treatment? Will we get to buy a house of our own this year? Will I even live for another full year?
I don't mean to sound so downhearted; just honest. My head remembers the path to hope and peace, courage and joy, yet sometimes sweat and tears are required for my heart to catch up. Eventually my soul will join the two and then....I find laughter and smiles, hugs and contentment once again.
Please be in prayer for scans that are stable with no treatment necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment