Thursday, May 19, 2022

Being obedient to God’s nudges




After seeing the oncologists on Wednesday 5/11 I felt God saying to call our Pastor and ask for a time of prayer with the elders and some of my friends and family. This nudge grew into a loud repetitive thought in my mind by Saturday. So,  on Saturday, 5/14, I reached out to our Pastor and He invited the elders to come and carry out James 5, anointing me with oil and praying over me for healing. I got excited in anticipation and invited family and our community group, my bible study group, my cancer posse ladies and several others. I began to feel pain in my back, wrapping around my side. My fatigue went to an extreme level and pretty soon my whole body was aching. By Tuesday night I was so discouraged I was in tears. As I drug myself into bed I thought…Satan is attacking me. This is spiritual warfare. I prayed for God to take captive my every thought and for Satan to flee in the power of Jesus name, and I went to sleep once again tossing and turning and hurting all night. Wednesday I napped to be ready for our prayer time at the church and hoped I’d have enough energy to share with the group. 

I entered into our place of worship and saw so many faces of those I love and care about. We went to a smaller room and everyone circled around me. My dad on my right and my husband, son and daughter on my left. The Pastor called us into prayer and then ask me to introduce my guests and share about what I am facing next. I felt the aches of my body begin to dissipate as I talked about being obedient to the Lord’s leading. As each elder and pastor read scripture over myself and my family, anointed our heads with oil and prayed, I grew lighter and less in pain. 
The Holy Spirit was powerful and moving in that room. 

This may sound like a crazy thing to do for some of you, but I just see it as an act of obedience to my creator, reverence to my God and surrender to my Savior. 








Today, after doing this last night, was the most productive day I’ve had in quite some time. The Lord is at work and I’m definitely here for it! 

Please read some of the scripture read and prayed over me last night and if you know Jesus and the Holy Spirit lives in you, these scriptures also are for you to accept for yourself. Name and claim the goodness and power of God in your life as well. 

Thank you so much to all who prayed locally and afar. Keep it up! Surgery in 1 week. 












6 comments:

  1. Joshua 1:7-9 is one of 2 favorite OT scriptures The other is 2 Chronicles 20 ( the whole chapter) 💜🙏🏻💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll go read 2 Chronicles today.

      Delete
  2. God is great!! Prayers for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this…Holy Ground, will continue to pray for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete