Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Third Time’s a Charm

They say the third time’s a charm, and I’m praying they’re right! Just got home from my third stay in the hospital this year. I was feeling really good last week, finished my anti fungal med on Wednesday and by Friday I had fever and noticeable infection in my nephrostomy tube/bag coming from my kidney. Saturday the nurse told me to go to the ER where they admitted me. With all my symptoms including low blood pressure (82/59) and high resting heart rate (118) the doctor felt I needed to stay and be watched on certain meds while we waited to see what the cultures grew. Waiting on a culture to grow is like watching paint dry when you’re in the hospital! They decided to take out my nephrostomy and put a new one in, just in case infection was holding in to that. Put me on some new antibiotics for 21 days and sent me home today! 

All this just brings us to the prayer request. I will start my clinical trial treatment sometime between 3/14-3/20 and I can’t start if there is any infection in my body. Please pray this time  we kill off all infection easily and quickly! It’s been such a stubborn infection so far. 

Thanks prayer warriors. 💜✝️

No comments:

Post a Comment