Thursday, February 16, 2023

Just taking the next step

Monday’s appointment was pretty overwhelming. We met with the Doctor sponsoring the TILS clinical trial. He says it is a very attractive idea to put me in it and see how I do. They have some people in remission 1-2 years on this trial, so they’d like to see how my cancer type responds. It feels high risk, high reward to me. It could be something that brings remission, but the side effects from the medications will most likely put me in ICU. They said for sure I’ll be in the hospital about 2 weeks. Things can happen like internal bleeding, infections, extremely low blood pressure, and even a coma. They have protocol in place to handle all of the side effect possibilities, but I can’t say that the details didn’t make me feel a bit afraid. I think being naive to suffering would be good at a time like this, but I’m too familiar and that causes dread also. I’m just asking God to slam the door shut if this is not His will for me. So far I’m passing through all the prerequisite testing quickly. The trial coordinator actually said she’s never seen a trial move this quickly. 

Billy & I are back on the road to OKC again today, which for those of you not familiar, it is a 422 mile round trip. They need more prerequisite testing and new CT scans. We’ll travel back home after scans tomorrow and then come back next Tuesday when they will remove a tumor in my leg to use for the trial.

It feels like a lot. I started reading scripture about trust and It helped me find  my footing. I’ll share a few in case you need them too! 











 With God’s help, strength and direction we will face this “next thing”! So humbled to have you walking it with us again. 💜

No comments:

Post a Comment