Tuesday, June 14, 2022

First pre op appointment

Billy is driving me to OKC for a 10:15 AM appointment with Dr Patel, the urologic oncologist and robotic surgeon. I’m dreading the ride as it still hurts my insides just to hiccup. We’re bringing my soft blanket and lots of pillows to soften the bumps in the road for me. I’m walking on my own now, but not that far, so hopefully they have a chair Billy will be able to push me in. Mainly so I don’t have as difficult end to my day when I’ve overdone it. I am expecting a good post operative check up, so just looking for some advice on timing for healing and eating more normally, plus answers on a few new side effects. Please pray that the long travel day goes ok and that I get good news and answers tomorrow. 

It’s too early for a scan so this is just basic blood work and an in office exam.  I think I may get more vaccines that require boosters after removing my spleen. 

Thanks for continued prayers, encouragement and support. Some days the recovery feels real slow and long. You all help me keep going! 

No comments:

Post a Comment