Thursday, June 2, 2022

Guess who is HOME sweet HOME

We were thrilled to hear that we could leave the hospital and make the 3 1/2 hour drive home today! 

We had a swift discharge and Billy got me loaded in the truck padded on all sides with pillows and blankets. We had a quick meet up with Billy’s Dad and step mom, Anita,  at a gas station on the way out of OKC. They came to the truck to say bye while Billy ran inside for a couple things. 
The first 2 hours of the drive went ok, but then I began to hurt a lot from all the bumps on the road. Reminded me of my TPE surgery in 2013 where every single bump is felt throughout the entire abdomen. The other thing that reminded me of my 2013 Total Pelvic Exenteration was that for the second time in my life a surgeon pointed at me and said, if anyone ever wants to do surgery in that area again, you tell them no way! 

Billy got me home as fast and gently as he could and got me to the bathroom and to bed. He ran to the pharmacy to get my prescriptions and back home to give me my dosages. Then to the grocery store to grab a few things I can eat and drink, which are few and far between right now. I’m eating small amounts of unsweetened pears and peaches. I like a small scoop of mashed potatoes and gravy. No sugar added Fruit popcicles and dragonfruit vitamin water over sonic style ice. I’m trying to think if anything else sounds good and White Basmati rice from Tazikis sounds good. Lol. My diet will be real picky and small for a while. We’ve done this before and have learned ways to sneak in protein with scrambled or hard boiled eggs and some chocolate Boost. Anyway, if someone wants to bring Billy a big juicy burger or gift cards for meaty type places I bet he’d like that. Lol. Isaiah is living in his apartment at Fayetteville and Alyssa is gone working a lot still. Im looking forward to seeing Alyssa tonight and the boys again soon though. 

For now,  I’m signing off for my first night sleeping out of the chaos of the hospital. I’ve already had the best nap ever and Billy’s started a notebook list of my many meds and dosage times. He’s a a good one. 





Thank you God for getting me through a larger surgery than we even expected, plus the first week of recovery. There were a few times all I could do was ask for help from you. You always came through. Help us to be able to manage pain well at home. Please provide safety from infection and pancreatic leaks. Help my bowels to keep moving. Use our experience of suffering to bring you glory and populate Heaven.  ~ Amen. 

8 comments:

  1. Billy is a keeper ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful your home, prayers for a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You God for all You are and all You provide! Thank You for Billy and how he has stayed the course above and beyond! Continue to give Kristi what she needs in your perfect timing! In Jesus Name! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to the anonymous prayer posted at 6:51 pm. I thank God for his faithfulness & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord that you both are home!! Praying you both get a good nights sleep, that you stay pain free, and that you have a quick recovery, with no complications. Believing all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU KRISTI FOR SHARING YOUR HEARTFELT STORY WITH US!! I PRAY THAT EVERY DAY GETS A LITTLE BETTER AND YOU ARE HAVING A CHANCE TO REST!! I ADMIRE YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FAITH AND DEDICATION!! I LOVE YOU AND CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY!! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL THROUGHOUT YOUR RECOVERY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments. - Kristi

    ReplyDelete