Thursday, December 1, 2022

12 years and still a new experience today

Billy and I left the house early today to get the first appointment with my Medical Oncologist. I slept only about an hour last night because my body was aching. All the way down my left leg, through my hips and lower back and around to the front on my left, where I can feel the largest tumor. I didn’t feel very good, but thought maybe I had an infection that didn’t clear up. We expected the doctor to have researched other clinical trials, and he did have one I may qualify for in other states. He will talk to them for me to determine more eligibility. 

In the mean time, we got surprised. My sister says she didn’t know we still could be surprised and learn about new places! Yet, my blood work was not good today. Red blood cells and hemoglobin were both way too low, so all other appointments for treatment planning got cancelled and we were sent to Mercy hospital to have a blood transfusion. We went to a new infusion room, we’d yet to have seen! It took about 7 1/2 hours to give me two bags of blood, but I was feeling some better when we left tonight; especially in my legs. 

I will call in the morning to find out next steps. I cannot do any treatment until my blood work is back to a normal (or safe) range, but I was supposed to meet with the radiology oncologist today to see if he could safely radiate this abdominal tumor that’s causing me a lot of pain. We will also wait to hear about the clinical trial eligibility and space more before I can start doing Avastin, and IV Antibody. 

We don’t know why my blood count got too low. It could be an internal bleed, so please pray against that! 

Please pray for extraordinary wisdom, a sense of urgency, relief from pain, restored blood, and no more cancer growth. 

On a bright note, we were allowed visitors today, so Billy and my sister, Amy, hung out with me for a very long day in uncomfy chairs. Grateful for good family, good local medical care, and for a Jesus who gives me courage, peace and wise counsel. 







No comments:

Post a Comment