Saturday, December 17, 2022

Rock Solid Love & Devotion



I just found this pic on my phone. Billy must have taken it last week when I started treatment with Avastin. It’s been a rocky week as how bad I felt going into treatment and radiation is just piled upon. This man who I’ve gotten to call my husband over 25 years is standing rock solid is his care and concern for me. We are not in denial to the serious situation we face, but together we choose to still seek God for hope. I watch Billy taking care of everything and it’s so evident that God is His strength right now. Nothing is more attractive. He’s humble, sad, encouraging and gentle; pointing us all to God to help us in whatever comes. I feel like God is asking us to come to the end of ourselves. That doesn’t mean don’t hope and pray for healing. For me right now, it means being at peace with God’s story… His will for our lives, yet still living and planning for a future! Why? Because at some point our human mind can’t understand or see how the story works out, but God’s ways are so much higher than ours. We aren’t supposed to be able to comprehend God size plans. 

Thank you Billy for being a steadfast rock in my life right now, once again. We are both better people because of our trials, but we are weary too. 

Pray for Billy as he Carries the load of our life. 
Pray for my body to receive the Avastin and iron and radiation for healing, but tolerate it in a way that is only a God thing next week on Christmas vacation. 
Pray for our kids to feel God’s comfort and strength as they navigate this with us, but live their own full beautiful lives as well. 
Pray away fever, infection, extreme fatigue and pain. 

3 more radiation treatments in Fayetteville next week. 

Thank you for walking with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment