Saturday, February 11, 2023

In the hospital again.

Last week I began going downhill again and by Thursday went to see a doctor and ask to get fluids. They admitted me to the hospital for the same symptoms I had in January. Resting heart rate of 141, severely dehydrated (which my adrenal insufficiency can cause), blood pressure was 78/56, etc. 
It appears that there is a bacteria infection, but they also believe I have a fungus that has gotten in my blood stream. They’ve been treating me according to the fungus that I get in January and someone missed it and didn’t treat me for it. That’s is a very frustrating thought as maybe we could have avoided this time. 

I hope to go home tomorrow because I have an appointment in Oklahoma City on Monday at 11:30 to meet with the doctor over the clinical trial and do a lot of pre testing the trial requires. I feel hopeful about this trial and now that they are treating me with the right meds I can go into it stronger. 

I’m so thankful for all my helpers. So many more than pictured. 









1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Kristi and then praying some more...also praying for your "helpers" and sweet family!

    ReplyDelete