- she's able to get in and out of her bed all by herself and has gone to the kitchen to get her own drink just needs someone to carry it back to her room for her.
- she no longer uses the wheel chair around the house
- she's able to make 3 laps around the inner circle of her home where before she barely walked to her kitchen and back - she's even caught herself taking off walking without her walker a few times - although her PT told her to keep it close!
- she no longer has a need for a home health nurse and is more independant in taking care of her personal needs
- she's more alert, sleeps less and even reads once in awhile
- she is off her pain medication
- she's has no food restrictions on her diet - she still rarely feels like eating due to the continued nausea
- she had a couple days this week she didn't even take a nap
Prayer requests as we enter week two at home:
- A new anti-nausea medication that works without making her super sleepy or restless
- the ability to get all the nutrients she needs to help her body heal
- peace of mind - that she would take captive any thought that leads to fear/worry
- pray against the return of any infection
- pray against discouragment at how long the recovery feels already for her whole family
- Alyssa caught a nasty stomach bug this weekend - pray it does not spread throughout the rest of the family - pray for Kristi's mommy heart that grieves when she can't take care of her kids
- keep Billy in your prayers as he leads his family and feels stretched in many directions
- pray for the caretakers as we manage our own homes and assist Kristi in her recovery and caring for her home
We would also like you to pray for our new little 8 year old friend we made at MDA - we mentioned her in a previous blog but Julia (who is loving called JuCan) was told a little over a week ago she was cancer free only to discover that her cancer may have returned in her knee. Tomorrow she will undergo a biopsy that will reveal whether it is an infection in the bone or if ewings sarcoma has rared its ugly head in her little body again. The battle against cancer is wearisome - Julia's grandmother has also been re-admitted this last week to MDA due to her own cancer. You can read her story at www.JuCan.cc We know we are not alone as we walk this cancer journey - God has called many of you to walk it too. We are praying for each of you and for a cure for cancer. Another young mom from our home town, Toni, fights for life and the chance to be mom to her children. She currently is seeking a second opinion and asking others to pray for a miracle. Please join us in praying for these two families.
Grateful we can join together as one and cover each other in prayer. Tonight I will close with a Psalm where David waits on God and encourages others to put their trust in Him rather than in their own human strength.
Find Rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
He is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to Him,
for God is our Refuge!
Tonight whether you're like Kristi and waiting on the healing process or JuCan who waits for another diagnosis or Toni who waits on a miracle may you find strength for today and hope for tomorrow through Jesus alone. ~Amy