Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Scans tomorrow

MDA does not have a clinical trial for medication/chemotherapy or Immunotherapy at this time. It's hard to believe an institution of that size has nothing new to offer me. Cancer Centers of America came back and said they don't accept my BCBS insurance. However, after hours and hours of scouring online for clinical trials I've contacted 17 different trial managers this week. I've also located a group that will help me search for more trials and I have a couple contacts that have requested more information for further processing. I am trusting that God is directing each step, even though the closed doors feel hard to accept. I had no idea how much work it would be to locate a clinical trial for myself! It's complicated if you have a more common cancer, let alone a rare type like I do. 

Thursday I am having a scan of my chest done locally at the request of my MDA oncologist. He wants to measure growth rate since my January 12 scans. 

I will have a local appointment on Wednesday, 2/24, to get scan results, discuss clinical trial findings or chemo options based on the scan results and my check up. 

This situation feels a bit surreal and we certainly appreciate all your prayers and support for all things to work together for our good...in the nick of time! 

1 comment:

  1. Kristi...You are an all-around Champion!!! With love Sue & Family ;)

    ""I had no idea how much work it would be to locate a clinical trial for myself!""

    ReplyDelete